Friday, December 31

Tideline

The last day of the year. Its been quite a year. A bit like the lines I've embroidered on the scarf Tideline - a mixed bag of highs and lows.
At the beginning of the year I joined a fabric book page swap - The Story of the Traveling Pages and created ten pages on ten different themes, three more are in the works. I have received eight pages and at the end of February 2011 I should have a unique fabric book based on the theme -Leaves with each page interpreted and created by a different person.

Happy to report I'm more 'green' now. Our apartment block has got into composting all kitchen waste and I've joined the programme.

Never before have I travelled to one place so often. Kerala - I made at least six trips for ten to fifteen days each time. My Malayalam has improved. I cut a jackfruit for the first time and I've added to my collection of traditional cookware and now cook fish curry in an earthenware vessel meant for just that.
In August I began selling my scarves and stoles under the MAYA label at Plantation House and the response has been fantastic. Motivation enough to keep going and push the boundaries. I'm excited to work with pashmina in the new year, rust dyeing has been explored just a teeny bit and I see myself doing more of it in the coming year.
I was thrilled to be the winner of a giveaway on Bird Nest on the Ground - my first ever and I was pleasantly surprised to see in my mail this morning that I was the winner of another - a fantastic way to end the year wouldn't you say.

My blog archive tells me I've been blogging for three years now!!! Its a wonderful experience which I continue to enjoy and I watch with amazement how the followers of this blog has grown to the present 176. Thank you for your support and the comments. I hope there will be more reasons to connect with more of you personally in the new year.

Wishing all of you an exhilarating new year where you push the boundaries and scale new heights in all your endeavours and enjoy in abundance good health, happiness and wealth. Cheers!

Tideline will be available at Plantation House early in 2011.

4 comments:

Marta Brysha said...

Very beautiful and so sophisticated. I love your work!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Embellisher. I remember discovering you that many years ago. I sensed a huge imagination and a pair of industrious hands. Look where you are now. I believe it is the quality of your work, the depth of your imagination, and the goodness of your spirit.

I have not been a faithful reader in the past month or so. Mea culpa. Anyway, happy 3rd anniversary.

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thanks Bluewren for taking the time to leave a comment. Hope the new year is proving to be wonderful for you.

Caroline, I'm overwhelmed by your generous observations, Thank you.

Pat said...

Maya, LOVE the work you have been showing...the soft colors and those luscious hand stitches. Hope you are enjoying your ATC and Post card and wish you much happiness in this New Year!! take care, pat

ShareThis