Tuesday, May 7

Textile Fragment

This long silence was not planned or intentional, it just happened that way.
 
During the long silence I completed this textile fragment. 
I kept it in a pocket in my handbag and took it out to work on when I had to wait anywhere for a prolonged period of time.
It grew with additions of fabric, applique and embroidery until I felt it was complete.
There are pieces of cotton, tussar silk, cotton silk. Cotton which has been block printed, cotton stitched and dyed with tea and silk on which I've experimented with discharge. 

I like to think of it as a textile art boro fabric. 


3 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

this is stunning... your attention to detail is amazing...

Thread Born said...

Maya- this is really a very moving piece. It is beautiful and meaningful. I also love the thought of you pulling it from your bag to work on during those in-between moments.Textile art boro and a bit of a healing cloth as well.--Julie

Maya Sara Matthew said...

Thank you Caterina and Julie.
Yes it is a textile art boro and I like the thought of it being a healing cloth.

ShareThis